Prevalence of Age-Associated Male Hypogonadism or Testosterone Deficiency
Live CE webinar provides you with useful information regarding testosterone deficiency. Pharmacists learn to better identify and address symptoms through a review of viable treatment options.
Testosterone is important for physiologic development and functionality in the male during various stages of life. Both testicular and hypothalamic-pituitary dysfunction can lead to testosterone deficiency, a condition also known as male hypogonadism. The consequences of testosterone deficiency are potentially wide ranging including effects on body composition, sexual function, bone mineral density, mood, and metabolism. Over the past decade, several prescription products have become available and are commonly recognized as testosterone replacement therapies. The use of compounded testosterone products dispensed directly by pharmacists has also exponentially increased in the past several years.
Credits: 1.0 hour (0.10 ceu)
Duration: 60 minutes
Location: From the convenience of your home or business; accessible via both PC and MAC
Cost: $19.95 per registrant
Who should participate: Pharmacists and Pharmacy Technicians
Register today and earn 1 hour of ACPE CE Credits conveniently and economically.
Webinar: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 at either 10:00 AM or 8:00 PM ET
Click here to view webinar slides
Bobby Jacob, PharmD
Bobby Jacob is currently Clinical Assistant Professor at Mercer University in the College of Pharmacy and Health Sciences. He received his Doctor of Pharmacy from the University of Washington in 2003 and subsequently completed a pharmacy practice residency at the University of Washington Medical Center and Harborview Medical Center in Seattle. He has worked as a clinical pharmacist specializing in diabetes at the University of Washington Diabetes Care Center as well as a medical information specialist with Solvay Pharmaceuticals, Inc. where he specialized in men’s and women’s health products.
3 easy steps to receive your live CE credits:
- Mark your calendar for Tuesday, June 29, 2010, at either 10:00 AM or 8:00 PM ET.
- Register now and sign up for the webinar for just $19.95. You can simultaneously watch and listen on your computer (PC or MAC) from any location.
- At the end of the conference, type in the evaluation code you will be given, fill out the course evaluation form, and print your statement of credit.
Postgraduate Healthcare Education, LLC is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
UAN: 0430-0000-10-021-L01-P; 0430-0000-10-021-L01-T
Credits: 1.0 hour (0.10 ceu)
Initial Release Date: June 29, 2010
Type of Activity: Knowledge
Fee Information: For a $19.95 registration fee you will participate in an interactive webinar and Q&A session and be able to print your statement of credit immediately at the conclusion of the webinar.
Program Evaluation: To obtain credit, each participant must remain active in the entire webinar and complete an online program evaluation form at the conclusion. Please enter your responses at: www.LivePharmacyCE.com
Target Audience: This accredited activity is targeted to pharmacists and pharmacy technicians.
This program will address the controversy regarding the true prevalence of testosterone deficiency in the general population by examining recent publications that have evaluated the issue.
- Discuss current guidelines and recommendations regarding appropriate diagnostic criteria for age-associated male hypogonadism and testosterone deficiency;*
- Discuss the potential physiologic consequences of age-associated male hypogonadism and testosterone deficiency;*
- Discuss recent literature that has evaluated cross-sectional and longitudinal trends with respect to testosterone concentrations in males;* and
- Discuss recent literature that has evaluated the prevalence of age-associated male hypogonadism and testosterone deficiency in the general population.*
* Also applies to pharmacy technicians